Effectively improving the survival rate, AED is considered a critical tool to restore normal heart rhythms of patients who suffered from SCA (Sudden Cardiac Arrests), a leading cause of death in the U.S., by delivering an electric shock in those seconds of golden rescue time. AED equipment is not limited to the hospital now but to public places, even school and household use with people’s increasing awareness of it. Therefore, when you are considering configuring an automated AED, a life-saving medical device in an emergency, in your schools, home, or your commercial places such as fitness centers, you have two ways to access: automated external defibrillator to buy online and offline.
Automatic external defibrillator to buy offline is more accessible to relevant information and knowledge of AED rather than AED purchasing online because there are professionals standing by. But to figure out what we should really care about buying AED online before comes a question that can individuals purchase an AED machine by themselves?
The rest of this post will focus on the above questions.
In view of the significance of an AED device, you’d better keep in mind what to consider with an automatic external defibrillator to buy online.
1. The brandFirstly, you should focus on the brand while purchasing an AED online. It is advisable to stick to market-recognized manufacturers, as automatic external defibrillators are not cheap. This is to give you a level of confidence in their construction and quality, their after-sales support and warranty, and the continued supply of future goods. It is wise of you to choose the AED equipment produced by the manufacturer, which obeys the regulations and guidelines formulated by the competent department; otherwise, you will be at high-security risks.
2. Ease of useConsidering the most significant factor when buying an AED, which is also a factor that some buyers rarely consider, is the ease of use of the unit. While all AED models are the same, there are some differences, especially when it comes to their ease of use and operation. For example, a semi-automatic AED device has a button that needs to be pressed by rescuers to conduct an electric shock. A fully automatic AED device will automatically analyze a patient's heart rhythms and conduct electric shock at the right time. It is worth mentioning that a fully automated AED is the best advice for a person who has not received any AED program training.
3. ConsumablesAnother essential factor to consider when purchasing an AED online is its accessories. The two main items used for AEDs are batteries and pads. The difference in quality between AED pads and batteries can affect the whole performance of the AED device. Keep your eyes on the accessories, including batteries, pads, box, and AED wall mount bracket, and check whether they are attached and perfect when purchasing AEDs online because they all occupy an essential part of the whole rescue process. What is more, consumables with long shelf life is more friendly for both device owners and users. For example, Mindray’s AED can be equipped with consumables that have 5-year shelf life.
4. Ability to self-testAutomatic AED devices are not for frequent use every day, but to make sure whether the AED machine we want to buy has a self-test function or whether there are additional devices to detect the use of AEDs is a must what we have before purchase. Ensuring the AED device in good operation condition enables it to make the most of it when we really need it. For example, Mindray's AED device integrates the AED-Alert TM system to provide a fast and effective way to remotely manage AEDs and reduce the management cost.
5. Voice promptHaving a voice prompt is the primary function of an AED device. For inexperienced or flustered users, voice prompts can help them operate the machine correctly so as to guide them to save patients to the greatest extent. A more advanced AED device, such as the Mindray BeneHeart series, is that it will have pictures and animations to help guide patients.
ConclusionAutomatic AEDs are legal for most individuals and organizations as long as these life-saving devices are managed and purchased according to law. Even though you still have some things to do after the AED purchase. Every AED of you has to be signed up, and it should always be a priority anyway. That is because if someone near you calls for help, the operator can immediately locate your AED and rescue the patient in time. In addition, you need ongoing maintenance of the AED equipment in accordance with state and federal laws to ensure that it works whenever and wherever it is.
Since AED equipment is so vital that we have to choose a reliable AED company. Mindray AED comes up with all given considerations and advantages being one of the reliable AED suppliers across the world. In addition to the tracking management system mentioned above, faster shock and higher energy also make Mindray AED out of the tens of millions of competitions.
 Saving Sudden Cardiac Arrest Victims in the Workplace. Available at: https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/publications/osha3185.pdf (Accessed: 22 March 2021)